Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Create original concept art with an expert capability of handling mechanical design, characters, and natural environments.
- Work closely with designers and artists to develop usable concept design based on inspiration and function for game design.
- Create illustrations for marketing and promotions of the current project.
- Collaborate and offer input to general world building.
- You believe craftsmanship and quality go hand in hand.
- Proficiency in 3DS Max/Maya, Zbrush, and your typical arsenal of content creation tools.
- Work with the team to maintain the pillars of the visual aspects of our project.
- Managing your end of the content pipeline.
- Collaborate with other artists and designers on a daily basis to plan and execute content generation.
- You can handle one-on-one and group based feedback as well as offer it in a constructive manner.
- Organization is something you take pride in.
- You're a true communicator.
- You have an appropriate sense of humor under a lot of pressure.
- An appropriate art degree from an accredited institution. Or, equivalent applicable work experience.
- A fine arts background.
- You've worked on and shipped at least one AAA title.
- You're passionate and enthusiastic about video games.
- Provide a resume and cover letter to "firstname.lastname@example.org."
- The cover letter should include why you want to join us at V1, what your strengths as an animator and artist are, and games you're currently playing or that inspire you.
- Make sure these documents are PDF files.
- Provide a link to your digital portfolio and/or links to examples of your highest quality work.
- The subject of your application email should read; "RE: YOUR FULL NAME - POSITION APPLYING FOR - EMPLOYEE REFERRAL (IF APPLICABLE)"
- DO NOT send us any work or material that's confidential. We bet it's great, but just don't.
- Please note that your application will be considered only if these criteria are met.