Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Design Lead and Design Team to maintain the pillars of the mechanical aspects of our current project.
- Experience in the Unreal Engine and the ability to learn and use in-house tools.
- Gameplay experience is your bread and butter.
- Design and script compelling encounters.
- You believe that craftsmanship and quality go hand in hand.
- Ability to design multiplayer online experiences that not only blow peoples minds, but leave them wanting more.
- Emphasize the intricacies of presenting the player with integrated, immersive narrative and the world the player will inhabit.
- Interest and working knowledge of player interaction, feedback, networking and visual aesthetics.
- Managing your end of the content pipeline.
- Collaborate with other artists, designers and engineers on a daily basis to plan and execute content generation.
- You can handle one-on-one and group based feedback as well as offer it in a constructive manner.
- Organization is something you take pride in.
- You're a true communicator.
- You have an appropriate sense of humor under a lot of pressure.
- An appropriate degree from an accredited institution. Or, equivalent applicable work experience.
- You've worked on and shipped at least one AAA title.
- You're passionate and enthusiastic about video games.
- You are a capable and familiar with basic illustration or conveying your ideas both verbally and visually.
- Non-design development experience.
- Coding and scripting.
- Provide a resume and cover letter to "firstname.lastname@example.org."
- The cover letter should include why you want to join us at V1, what your strengths as a designer and developer are, and games you're currently playing or that inspire you.
- Make sure these documents are PDF files.
- Provide a link to your digital portfolio and/or links to examples of your highest quality design work.
- The subject of your application email should read; "RE: YOUR FULL NAME - POSITION APPLYING FOR - EMPLOYEE REFERRAL (IF APPLICABLE)"
- DO NOT send us any work or material that's confidential. We bet it's great, but just don't.
- Please note that your application will be considered only if these criteria are met.